Collection: Part 2

Reflection

testing

making process

Final on model

First model

metal wire base

Tools

Final

Final

Hope & Chance

We make wishes to candles hoping that it can come true. New wax covers burnt out wicks as if there are always new wishes as I grow up.

testing

3 Jan 2018

1. How can you as a designer address sustainability & environmental issues in your work?

3.How do other designers address sustainability in their work? Give examples & describe.

4.How is the worth of an object defined, if not through its material value? What makes an

object precious? What makes it worthless?

6. Give examples of waste materials being up-cycled or re-cycled intodesirable objects?

Final

7 Dec 2017

Today I presenting my project in class, tutor advised me painting my ring. Coulourful ring will more like petal. I had do some pigment test using watercolor and pastel.  I think pastel is better because it can make shades of colour. After that I paint glaze on it to protect surface and colour.

4 Dec 2017

Base on the shape of piece I design on shoulder, I try to develop my idea. I try to place this shape on other place on body like wrist or finger. I find a really good idea, if this shape be wear on finger, it can be twins holes ring that can wear on two ways. After doing many sketch I found I can make it in petal's shape. And dew on flower inspired me I can join water flow with flowers together.

2 Dec 2017

I design a neck wear, and I want to make model with paper clay. But it is really soft that I can not get the structure that I want. So I think about make a structure by metal wire first. And then cover paperclip on it. Finally, it worked. Now I can think how to make my bigger final piece.

30 Nov 2017

My client is Miwa Aiko, I interview her to know more about her.  The most interest thing that inspired me is she like ikebana and the feeling of water flow through body. Base on this I need I want to design something elegant with clear outline. Therefor I research some picture about flowers and water flow, drawing them on my sketch book use the nice curve in my design.

Final

28 Nov 2017

Today I learnt leather skills. If leather need to be model in a shape, it need to be socked in water and then wrap it on brass ring from inside to outside. After that use diamond pointed alto mark the line, hammer stitch maker on this line and drew the holes at marked place one by one. When sew leather together, i need to use wax thread and both end should thread one needle.

22 Nov 2017

I made one three eyes piece, but the feeling is so strange when I see it wearing on face. It will makes wearer like monster. I think maybe I should change another way to consider. So I think about the position of wearing it. This project is about moon, so I can keep wear look up like the position of see the moon. So I design a neck wear. Its shape comes from crescent and it is like moon's orbit as well. Between them sharp end is a eye ball that sad and tearing. The shape of collar comes from traditional Chinese cloud pattern. And crescent part need to be hammered like moon face.

21 Nov 2017

I designed five ideas about wearing ways. But they are to simple, I am not sure which can use in final design. Tutor advised me to try make more eyes cover on face, I think this way may make stronger mood. I research two artists Johson Tsang and Ronit Baronga. Their works' facial expression are so rich, let viewer feel the mood of sculptures easily. I had inspired by their works a lot.

20 Nov 2017

IMG_1117.JPG.3IMG_1116.JPG

How can you use todays illustration exercises in your design development?

I will use this eye concept in my final design.And this material is suitable as well.

What techniques will you use to illustrate your designs?

Modeling, painting

What direction is your design going on? What materials & craft techniques will you explore?

I want to place this eyes in front between neck and chest, maybe I will join metal in my design because it has cold feeling like moon.

Is your text still relevant? (it should be)

Yes.

Image

Final on model

Image

polish

final

Image